Monday 25 June 2012

Historical City - Malacca (I)



Some people will prefer a huge group of gathering, but for me, I would prefer a small gang of people to hang out together, less hectic and less issues, most important is to avoid any unnecessary hard feelings.

So last weekend, me and my buddies namely, Kelvin, Guan and Beh spent time together in the historical city, Malacca. With Air Asia’s slogan, Now Everyone Can Fly, yeah, to save on the traveling time with bus, me and K took the earliest flight to LCCT on Saturday morning. So you can imagine how early we woke up. We met the driver of the day, Guan there to fetch us and head to Malacca. The journey from LCCT to Malacca took around 2 hours.

Being a spontaneous traveler, not sure is this the right term to use, I just had rough planning in my mind for places to go in Malacca, exact position, I don’t bother to google before the trip, it is not a good habit, unless you have smart phone with data plan, where you can google all the time. Good thing is, the two gentlemen have Blackberry and S2, so no worries. 

Our first destination was to have breakfast, I googled “Breakfast in Melaka” via lonely planet, a long list of restaurants are recommended , so I just simply chose one, which is located in Jalan Melaka Raya 3. However, we could not figure the location, so we just ate in a coffee shop where we saw a lot of people dining. It is a typical coffee shop that sells western breakfast and noodle.  Not bad, with reasonable price. 

Breakfast set 
Next, we would like to pay Auyin Hill Resort a visit. Went there few years back, since K requested to go there, okay la. Again, relying so much on google map and local people there, after turning here and there, somehow we managed to find it. BUT, yeah, there is always a BUT in our lives, the hill resort is closed for renovation. See, that’s the disadvantage for not doing homework in advance.

With disappointment, we headed back to the town for local products in Tan Kim Hock. As usual, dodol, pineapple tarts etc. Since Malacca is so reachable for us, unlike overseas, where we could hardly reach, I didn’t buy much, budget control. ;)  But, I did tried almost all the food samples there, nothing to be shamed off la please, since I did bought something from there what. We had our very first bowl of dessert there. Taste nice, very sweet. 


Bring home local products

TKH's cendol
I just couldn’t stop eating there, as if I have a stomach with a super large capacity. It was lunch time, so we went to look for infamous chicken rice. Initially I wanted to go for the one I went with friends two years back, 和记, but we passed by another long-queue-chicken –rice-shop. So we decided to try this one instead. This time luckily we queued for not that long, else we will melt under the hot scoring sun, was so afraid that I got sun allergy again. Overall, the rice ball and chicken are good, however, I still prefer typical chicken rice. The workers are nice where they really care about customers that queued outside, by asking us to be patient. At least unlike other famous shops that hardly bother about customers , either you wait or leave.

While queuing 



Look nice? 
After taking late lunch, it was time for dessert again since 三叔公is just opposite us. Yes, cendol again. Personally felt that the one is TKH is nicer. So after full meal, we just strolled around in Jonker Street. There are lotsa fancy souvenirs to be bought home, of course I wouldn’t spend money on these. There is one famous temple there namely 青云亭. We went to pray over there.
Durian cendol, no no, i don't eat this 
Gula Melaka Cendol
Feel contented 

kok kok tang

It was dumpling festival at 23rd june

Grill sotong



We found our way of life
Meeting Beh, passing by Jonker 88, I remember read bout this shop somewhere for the delicious food. Not to miss this out, we tried out the dessert, this time I ate Gula Melaka Sago, it is way too sweet for me. We really had sweet tooth on that day.





Im sure you will feel bored reading such long post, so m gonna continue it in next post. :)  

4 comments:

  1. I would definitely say, you found your way of life. Not mine. I found my church, remember???

    ReplyDelete