Saturday 9 June 2012

Land Below The Wind IV

Climbing at around 3am was not easy, the oxygen level was so low and I really faced some difficulty in breathing. For a moment I thought I was going to faint while climbing. But relax,  again, if other people can make it, me too! Until we reached at around kilometer 7, we got to face a big challenge to hold on rope and climb up the cliff. It was tough. Good thing that it was dark that time where I could hardly feel the height. So, lets forget about the height and keep on climbing. While resting at the side, we did looked up to the dark sky, there was a lot of stars blinking. The journey was like never ending where we could not see the end, so suffering and we were so exhausted. Luckily Jackz with his mountain guides were there to guide us. Step by step, be it zig zag or straight line, slowly I could see the famous South Peak at kilometer 8, which mean we still have 0.7km to go. Please do not think that the remaining 0.7km is so damn easy. But we strong determination, me Siew Pei and Yet reaced the Low's Peak at about 6.15am, missed the sun rise moment but it's okay, as long as we reached the peak. 
Yes! We all made it to the peak!!!! :)))))

In one day, we needed to climb all the way from peak to Timpohon gate, I thought going down will be easier than climbing up, and I was wrong, at least for me. We needed double of climbing up's time to reach the gate and the process was suffering as well. 0.5km is not as near as running a school field for a round or more. We used 1 hour to cover 1km, so for total 6km, we needed 6 hours. But regardless of the time spent, we reach at last, yea, AT LAST! Mount KK, once is enough for me. And I m definately proud of myself despite the pain knees while climbing down, where I walked like an old lady. 


When I back to office, I randomly said a phrase as below, and my colleague meow jiejie wrote it in her facebook's status: 
Yaya, this is from me!!!! :)
I will remember this quote forever, with strong determination, only we can go far and achieve what we desire for, and I never know that I have strong will too! :D 


Last post will be about the day after the mount climbing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment